November 16, 2015
It’s important to the Sapulpa, OK dental team at Complete Cosmetic Care Dentistry that patients fully understand their smile restoration options, and choose the right solution for their smiles. As dental implants become a more popular solution for tooth replacement, our team is working to educate patients about the strengths of this solution, and its oral health benefits. Innovations in the dental implant procedure have made it possible for more patient than ever to safely and successfully replace missing teeth with an implant supported dental prosthetic, but that doesn’t make dental implant restoration the right option for every patient. Keep reading or contact our office to find out more about determining whether dental implants are the right solution for you.
Are Dental Implants the Right Choice for you?
If you’re missing one or more teeth, you’ve likely heard about the oral health benefits, comfort, and convenience of dental implant supported tooth replacements. One of the main reasons patients choose dental implants over other tooth replacement options is that because the root of the tooth is replaced, bone and gum tissue retention is dramatically increased. Lost bone and gum tissue can eventually lead to additional tooth loss and changes in facial shape. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that prevents tissue resorption. For the most part, the decision to choose dental implants over other tooth replacement options is personal. Some of the questions patients should consider before choosing implant supported dental prosthetics include:
- Is my immune system strong enough to handle the minor surgical procedure required? This is especially important for patients with immune compromising illnesses like diabetes.
- What is my medical history? Patients who experienced complications during past surgeries may not be good candidates for dental implant placement.
- How many missing teeth do I have, and where are they located? In all dental cases, we encourage patients to choose the most conservative treatment option available that also restores optimal form and function to smiles. The number and location of missing teeth may influence whether dental implants are the preferred restoration option.
Top Three Signs Dental Implants are Right for You:
- You are missing one or more teeth, and are otherwise healthy enough for a minor medical procedure.
- You are willing to invest time in surgical procedures, healing, and restoration which could last six or more months.
- You want to preserve existing bone and gum tissue, and renew lost tissue.
Contact Complete Cosmetic Care Dentistry in Sapulpa, OK
There’s only one way to know for sure that dental implants are the right tooth replacement option for you. Contact Complete Cosmetic Care Dentistry to schedule an implant consultation today.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.