TMJ Therapy - Glenpool, OK
Jaw Pain? We Offer Relief
Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ) is a complex set of problems that occur in the jaw joint. TMJ can lead to headaches, earaches, stiffness, bite problems, a clicking in the jaw or even a locked jaw. TMJ dysfunction can be caused by a variety of factors including:
- Injury to the jaw
- Excessive gum chewing or nail biting
- Teeth grinding
Often a complete medical as well as dental evaluation is in order to properly diagnose TMJ dysfunction. Advanced technology, such as digital x-rays and a CT scans, are two of the methods used to get a clear picture of the bony detail of the jaw joint, while an MRI can help to define the soft tissues.
Why Choose 918 Dentist for TMJ Therapy
- Advanced Technology for More Accurate Diagnoses
- Relaxed, Modern Environment for Maximum Comfort
- Conservative Treatment Options Available
How Do We Treat TMJ/TMD Disorder?
Depending on the severity of the TMJ disorder, there are several therapies available to treat this condition:
- Heat and ice therapies
- Medications such as anti-inflammatories
- Physical therapy
- Correction of bite abnormalities often achieved through orthodontics
- Occlusal therapy (a custom-made appliance that fits over the teeth and is worn at night to prevent teeth grinding)
- Surgery (general a last resort when all other therapies have failed)
If you are experiencing ringing in the ears, a sore jaw, facial pain, stiff neck and shoulders, or severely worn teeth, you should contact us for a TMJ disorder consultation. You don’t have to live with these uncomfortable symptoms. Dr. Mohanna, Dr. Georgy, and Dr. MacLeod offer TMJ therapy that can change your quality of life for the better.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I Need a Dentist for My Child I Want a Straighter Smile I am Unhappy with My Smile I am in Pain & Need Help I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Scared of the Dentist I am Concerned about Sleep Apnea View Our Services