Dental hygienists work with the doctor and other hygienists and team members in the dental practice to provide clinical treatment to their patients. They are expected to handle the same usual & customary duties performed by any other dental hygienists in the practice.
- Dental Hygiene Degree or Higher
- High Level of Ability to Lead and Manage others
Dental Hygienist Duties
- Informs administrative and clinical team in the hygiene needs of back office.
- Monitor and prioritize workflow
- Maintain office records and supplies for clinical hygiene area.
- Maintain and order clinical supplies and/or submit to lead dental assistant
- Develop clinical hygiene schedules
- Train new dental hygiene hires and demonstrate standard operating procedures within the practice
- Report any issues with clinical hygiene team or front office staff related to SOP to the doctor or practice administrator so they may be addressed promptly
- Keep the dentist(s) and clinical hygiene team members informed of appointment changes, overruns and patients in the waiting room
- Input for performance reviews for the doctor or practice administrator for other team members
Dental Hygienist Regular Duties
- Perform Routine dental hygiene & periodontal treatment procedures.
- Assist clinical team where needed with typical procedures such as taking and developing X-rays, administering local anesthetic (where legally and licensed to perform), charting, intra oral photos, and assisting with any other clinical procedures up to their legal ability.
- Assisting with setup, breakdown, maintenance, clean-up, proper sterilization or other preparation of hygiene rooms and equipment & instruments daily
- Assist with scheduling & maintenance of returned recall visits.