Dental assistants work with all clinical and administrative team members. This position is extremely important in ensuring patient care is smooth and efficient. This role requires the dental assistant to be receptive to learning different ways to complete tasks, display enthusiasm towards work and the mission of the practice.
- High School Diploma or Higher Maintain and assist with the ordering of clinical supplies
- Trained and certified in the dental assisting field
- Highly self-motivated individual
Dental Assistant Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist clinical team in the dental needs of back office.
- Assist dentist(s) during dental treatment procedures and clinical note documentation.
- Assist dentist(s) with typical procedures such as taking diagnostic quality X-rays, charting, intra oral photos, impressions and assisting with any other clinical procedures up to their legal ability.
- Assisting with setup, breakdown, maintenance, clean-up, proper sterilization or other preparation and of rooms lab and equipment & instruments daily
- Assist with training of new assistant hires and demonstrate standard operating procedures within the practice
- Assist with the ordering of clinical supplies
- Assist with opening and end of day procedures
- Follow OSHA & HIPPA guidelines
- Monitor and prioritize workflow with all clinical team members
- Report any issues with clinical or front office staff to Lead assistant
- Keep the dentist(s) and clinical team members informed of appointment changes, overruns and patients in the waiting room
- Keep all areas of the back office and hallways spotlessly clean